2013 NAECS-SDE ANNUAL MEETING
FOCUS: Developmentally Appropriate Practice in the Age of Race to the Top
Theme – Developmentally Appropriate Practice
– How are we holding true to DAP through the lens of Race to the Top focus
areas (Assessment, Standards, TQRIS, Workforce Development, Data Systems)
Outcomes and Objectives
– as a result of this meeting, participants will:
- Identify and reinforce strong
partnerships across states in addressing issues that face state
- Broaden awareness of how RTT focus
areas must be inclusive of DAP.
resources and supports that will assist and guide decisions regarding
current and proposed policy around DAP that impacts the assessment and accountability of systems
for all children birth
through age 8.
MATERIALS FOR THE MEETING
PRESENTATIONS FROM THE MEETING
- Greetings from Secretary Duncan (vob)
- Formative Assessment - So What Happens Next?
- California Cadre of Experts
- State of our States: Successes and Challenges Keeping DAP in the Forefront